• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FQ antibiotics toxicity - a light bulb moment?

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl Sorry for the delay, I'm planning on replying to you today...I overdid it Wednesday morning, so I'm still recovering.

Please Aaron, no rush to respond! We have family coming over in about 15 min for New Yrs Day and I am just rushing through the board myself to catch up. Please take your time and happy new year! And yes still many floxie forums but I do not know what they are or read them any more. This thread and that DNA test really perked my interest though.

Martial

a lot of my lyme symptoms are similar to what you guys mention on this thread. I wonder if the bacteria has similar effects on the body that the molecules from FQ antibiotics do hmm,..

slysaint

I started looking into this toxicologist, Joseph King. If you do a search on his name and fluroquinolones there is loads of stuff including interviews and more research docs. I haven't been through it all yet.
@Gingergrl. Found this old post

@Indigophoton I have been trying to find a test like this (to measure ATP) but every test I find really seems to measure something different. Where did you have this done and was it useful as far as were any treatments recommended?
Hi Gingergrrl, the testing was done at Acumen Lab, I will PM you some details. "

This is the same lab.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I started looking into this toxicologist, Joseph King. If you do a search on his name and fluroquinolones there is loads of stuff including interviews and more research docs. I haven't been through it all yet.
@Gingergrl. Found this old post

@Indigophoton I have been trying to find a test like this (to measure ATP) but every test I find really seems to measure something different. Where did you have this done and was it useful as far as were any treatments recommended? Hi Gingergrrl, the testing was done at Acumen Lab, I will PM you some details. "

This is the same lab.

@slysaint Sorry I am confused, do you mean you mean that you found an old post in which @indogophoton said he was going to PM me details re: Acumen Labs? If so, I don't remember it at all! Was it a post from a long time ago? I now bookmark the posts that I want to return to but I think this is a more recent feature (bookmarking.)

I also plan to Google Joseph King and see what else turns up besides the stuff I linked to but won't be able to do it today.

Are you going to do the DNA test if you can find access to it in the UK? (Sorry if I missed this part.)

Hip

There have been a few accounts of ozone therapy leading to recovery from fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome (FTS). See here:

Bill’s Recovery Story – Avelox Toxicity

Ricardo’s Story – Recovery from Ciprofloxacin Toxicity

I think the treatments were by ozone autohemotherapy, which requires a doctor to do.

It's possible that the easy ozone application technique that I devised (see this post), which costs very little and can be done at home might be a good substitute for ozone autohemotherapy, but I am not sure.