Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Former DWP expert admitted ‘fit for work’ tests were ‘unsatisfactory’ April 22 2017

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by trishrhymes, Apr 24, 2017.

1. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

UK
    Short article in Welfare Weekly flagged up by @Keith Geraghty on Twitter:

http://www.welfareweekly.com/former...re-unsatisfactory-in-2012-tories-ignored-him/

Aylward admits BPS model without foundation. (My interpretation).

Here's a quote from the article.

'However, once this was well known, Aylward was challenged in 2012 by disability activists in the company of the Editor of the Disability News Service, and finally admitted that his BPS model was considered by him to be “unsatisfactory” and that it “no longer addresses the real needs of disabled people and the exclusion of disabled people from society”.'

Jan, ladycatlover, Valentijn and 7 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

To me it always seemed like that 2012 Aylward quote was just him trying to get away from disability protesters by coming out with some meaningless BS.

3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Is this an admission of fraud on his part?

Just asking.

Valentijn and trishrhymes like this.
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I'm sure he would have replaced it with something worse

The chief witch-finder general isn't going to recant that easily.

See more popular forum discussions.