The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Formal complaint to Lancet about the PACE trial paper

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Daisymay, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

This is being sent on behalf of Professor Hooper.

"In view of the content of the "Health Report" broadcast that was hosted by Dr Norman Swan on Australian radio (ABC Radio National) and the comments of Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief of The Lancet, Professor Hooper has decided to place his complaint in the public domain forthwith so that people can read it for themselves and form their own judgment.

It is important to make very clear that ME/CFS is not a somatoform disorder but a serious multi-system organic disease."

Please click on the links below to view the complaint on a web page or download as a Word doc. Permission to repost.

http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/COMPLAINT-to-Lancet-re-PACE.htm

http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/COMPLAINT-to-Lancet-re-PACE.doc

2. slayadragon

slayadragon Senior Member

twitpic.com/photos/SlayaDragon
    Those links didn't work for me.

3. TinyT

TinyT Senior Member

Australia
    Thanks for the links.

4. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Sorry Slaydragon, they seem to be working OK for me, maybe try again?

5. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    Prof. Hooper included an appendix of quotes from the offending parties. I've read lots of quotes by these criminals, but some of these were new to me and they are really bad and worth reading. If you have any doubt they are waging a war on ME patients and science, please read the following:

6. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks daisymay and justin - so glad to see in the public domain. Just shows what we are up against still in the UK despite all the years of scientific (real) and findings internationally. Why we have to wait for the named idiots to pull themselves out of the middle ages history will tell. At the expense of the health of thousands over decades here alone.

See more popular forum discussions.