• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forgotten Plague Screening in Toronto, any interest?

Snookum96

I'm trying to get a handle on the number of people that would be ineterested in possibly attending a screening in Toronto to see if it's feasible and if we could cover the costs. The National ME FM actin network is interested in organizing something as well.

Anyone who is interested please post here so I can get an idea.

Thanks!

Large Donner

I'm trying to get a handle on the number of people that would be ineterested in possibly attending a screening in Toronto to see if it's feasible and if we could cover the costs. The National ME FM actin network is interested in organizing something as well.

Thanks!

This sounds brilliant my costs will be air tickets from London for my other half and the two kids and a hotel for a week at least. Shall I send my paypal details. I have always wanted to go to Toronto, I'm so excited now!!!

Sasha

Fine, thank you

Thanks!

I suppose that really the aim of this isn't to get PWME to watch the movie (we're already converted!) but others outside our community. I think it will be hard to gauge interest among others before the movie has been booked and advertised.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
We kind of missed a window with TIFF having finished. People were primed to see doc's and alternative to mainstream movies.
I can't go and don't have people who I can suggest see it. But also I'd like to have some idea of what the message is in the movie if I were to advertise it. Plus there's the election. I don't know which would be more useful but the screening will take awhile to set up so I expect that would mean after an election. Would be good to see some politicians go and Dr's in administrative positions too.

Snookum96

Good points. I don't think I can arrange advertising and stuff just not up to it. I really want to help this happen but I can only work from home when I'm up to it.
I got an email from Mary Prior this morning. And they are trying to get the tugg fees reduced do that could help.

@Large Donner

If that's supposed to be funny it's not. We are trying to do something to help our own community. I have very little energy or patience and am trying to use it in a positive way.
Instead of spending time making fun, do something useful and help organize a screening in the UK.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
This sounds brilliant my costs will be air tickets from London for my other half and the two kids and a hotel for a week at least. Shall I send my paypal details. I have always wanted to go to Toronto, I'm so excited now!!!

This is extremely rude. I'll start by supposing that it was said in a fit of brain fog but even so. . .

@Snookum maybe the most advantageous way would be to work with National ME/FM. I say this as someone who has no plans to do anything. I feel pulled in a number of directions at the moment and am presently trying to force rest on myself after overdoing as my daughter came home for two weeks (she lives/works/goes to school in the UK) it's hard to not be involved with that (in the best possible way but still tiring).

And so we don't all feel guilty--the movies not going anywhere--it'll be around for us to take action whenever we can. Best we do it at a slower pace but so that we get some traction (eye roll because again spoken as someone who doesn't have any immediate plans to do anything).

I think once we do get started though we will form ways of doing things and networks that will facilitate future advocacy--one can only hope.
:hug: SD

Large Donner

@Large Donner

If that's supposed to be funny it's not. We are trying to do something to help our own community. I have very little energy or patience and am trying to use it in a positive way.
Instead of spending time making fun, do something useful and help organize a screening in the UK.

:jaw-drop:

I think you are really over reacting. Its just a bit of humor injected into the thread just a little play on words. And suggesting I go do "something useful" is presuming I don't useful things or that I am even capable of organizing such an event rather than just being an occasional poster on a forum.

What does that say about all the PWME who don't or cant organize such events?

@Snowdrop, how can you take my comment so seriously and take offense to it and why would you bring brain fog into it?

Snookum96

This is extremely rude. I'll start by supposing that it was said in a fit of brain fog but even so. . .

@Snookum maybe the most advantageous way would be to work with National ME/FM. I say this as someone who has no plans to do anything. I feel pulled in a number of directions at the moment and am presently trying to force rest on myself after overdoing as my daughter came home for two weeks (she lives/works/goes to school in the UK) it's hard to not be involved with that (in the best possible way but still tiring).

And so we don't all feel guilty--the movies not going anywhere--it'll be around for us to take action whenever we can. Best we do it at a slower pace but so that we get some traction (eye roll because again spoken as someone who doesn't have any immediate plans to do anything).

I think once we do get started though we will form ways of doing things and networks that will facilitate future advocacy--one can only hope.
:hug: SD

HI @Snowdrop ,

I did speak with National ME FM network and they do want to organize a screening. They are working on the Aviva contest right now so I offered to help in whatever way i can.
I agree slower pace is better! I'm moving in a few weeks so I'll be out of commission for a while too.
I think it's great that we have started talking. I think it's a good start. We also don't want to do too much and all have pem crashes at the same time.

I think @ScottTriGuy was the one who suggested we do it sometime in the new year.

I agree no rush, just information gathering at this point:)

Hope you get some good rest in!

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Thanks!
Hi @Snookum96
Thanks for organizing this.
I would like to participate, though not certain I would be able to attend a screening.
And I am fairly unwell and useless at the moment. But could possibly help with the advertising and such you suggested if there is a long timeline / no deadlines.

Snookum96

Hi @Snookum96
Thanks for organizing this.
I would like to participate, though not certain I would be able to attend a screening.
And I am fairly unwell and useless at the moment. But could possibly help with the advertising and such you suggested if there is a long timeline / no deadlines.

That's great!
I'm going to gather the details, albeit slowly, and we can go from there. We can go at whatever pace works!