• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forgotten Plague Almost Ready To Sell DVD's

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Here is their announcement:

"We are excited to announce that after months of work we are now able to make DVDs of Forgotten Plague! We are planning on having a limited sale with fulfillment expected by Christmas. We'll keep you posted as we get further along."

leela

I wonder if Ryan would consider doing what other documentary filmmakers have done and have a 1-2 week period where it is streamable for free?
Even if he could post a link to something like that just in the members only section here it would make it easier for impoverished patients to see it.
That or streamable for $5.

DanME

I don't want to be too critical, but using a professional streaming service like Vimeo would be much more suitable for the ME community than selling DVDs. In that case, we could at least point interested relatives, friends, journalists, scientists and doctors to the streaming service. I also think Ryan would make more money using a streaming service...

Never Give Up

This is from their Facebook post:

Forgotten Plague
January 8 at 4:00pm ·
We've had an amazing 2015; we completed Forgotten Plague and had screenings across the country. The best part of this endeavor has been you. Your support has made all of this possible and as successful as it is...so we have two huge announcements!!

We wanted to thank all of you by offering you chance to preview the film from 1/15/2016 7 PM EST to 1/18/2016 7 PM EST (1/16/2016 12 AM GMT to 1/19/2016 12 AM GMT).

Please share it with your friends, family, doctors, and legislators.

But that's not all; 2016 has started off stronger than 2015! We are will be streaming on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon VOD in 2 weeks!

Forgotten Plague
We will be posting a Vimeo link and password this upcoming Friday at 7pm EST and you will be able to stream it onto any device you want.

By this they mean Friday, 1/15/16.

Forgotten Plague
We spoke with our manufacturer yesterday and it looks like DVDs will be ready to ship in a couple of weeks.

unto

I have a sick Italian that does not speak English; to understand your language and talk to you use google. If there were a user forum that can make a summary of what is said in these DVDs about the ME, I would be very grateful, because if you google it helps me to translate the writing, I do not know how to translate from voice ...
Thank you in advance

Never Give Up

Forgotten Plague
1 hr ·
We're pleased to announce that the Free Preview for Forgotten Plague is now available online! Please share with everyone who you think might be interested, from doctors to legislators and everyone in between. We hope you enjoy it! And please be sure to chime in with what you think via social media and directly to us at forgottenplague@gmail.com!

The link will be live until Monday evening at 7pm EST (12am GMT). So please take advantage of the free preview while it's available for a limited time.

This version also has English subtitles.

Link: https://vimeo.com/149973440

Password: forourfans

The film will be released via iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon VOD on Thursday, January 21st. It's now currently available for worldwide DVD pre-order via http://www.forgottenplague.com/shop/?product_count=8

Forgotten Plague
VIMEO.COM

Firefly_

I'm surprised at the lack of comments on this, I just watched it and found it very powerful and moving. Yeah I mighta cried a little, par for the course lately lol. I'm going to make my family watch it with me tomorrow.

leela

Wow, what a great job they did. I did sob especially hard in bits.
Yet I really appreciated the sense of hope in the introduction of some of the new science.
I hope this gets seen by many and the $$$ start flowing towards those areas of research.