• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Forgotten Plague: A Must See Documentary" - huffpo article

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-johnson-ii/forgotten-plague-a-must-s_b_8230262.html

This article is a bit of a mixed bag with some cringe-worthy moments (for me at least), but overall a sympathetic portrayal of ME, and good promotion for the film:

Excerpt:
Ryan Prior, the director, Co-writer and producer of the documentary Forgotten Plague, begins the film by issuing an invitation: walk a mile in my shoes.

Doing so means enduring a fight with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) beginning in late adolescence. A battle which took Ryan from a highly-active student-athlete to spending most of his time at home, often struggling to leave his room. After a grueling mission to find relief he is finally placed on a treatment regimen which reduced his symptoms and restored some of his mobility. Despite an intense treatment protocol, he continued to experience physical and emotional debilitation.

This is Ryan Prior's story, however, he is not alone.

One million individuals are diagnosed with ME/CFS (commonly called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) in the United States alone. Total cost when health care and lost wages are considered is said to be 24 billion annually. Furthermore, women, African Americans and Native Americans are said to be at increased risk for developing the disease...

unto

by Kyla
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One million individuals are diagnosed with ME/CFS (commonly called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) in the United States alone. Total cost when health care and lost wages are considered is said to be 24 billion annually. Furthermore, women, African Americans and Native Americans are said to be at increased risk for developing the disease...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People of any race or social status who have promiscuous relationships and / or less care health / individual are more susceptible to contracting the disease, and then to pass it more easily to other .......
Since these deficiencies are more prevalent in poorer social classes and less educated, it is greater than the percentage of African-Americans and Native Americans affected by ME ....
I also believe that the percentages we're used to (0.5% of the population) is only the tip of the jceberg .... maybe we already arrived at 5%, and the US would be more correct to speak of at least 10 million patients

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
by Kyla
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People of any race or social status who have promiscuous relationships and / or less care health / individual are more susceptible to contracting the disease, and then to pass it more easily to other .......
Since these deficiencies are more prevalent in poorer social classes and less educated, it is greater than the percentage of African-Americans and Native Americans affected by ME ....
I also believe that the percentages we're used to (0.5% of the population) is only the tip of the jceberg .... maybe we already arrived at 5%, and the US would be more correct to speak of at least 10 million patients

I am confused.
I don't see this quote in the article.
Is this from somewhere else?

And why does it say "by Kyla"
I didn't write this article, just posted a link to it.

unto

Kyla sorry, I meant that the portion between the two hatches had your post ...;
the rest is not in any publication (I think), but it's just my personal
I thought.