• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forget rituximab! The DWP can cure you at the Job Centre!

halcyon

To be clear, I'm not attacking Beverly at all. 100% of my derision is directed towards this organization and them potentially exploiting her as a victim. I find the official response from the disabilities minister interviewed in the video extremely troubling as well. He is practically salivating thinking about all the money they're going to save. Nevermind the fact that, as Bob points out, there doesn't seem to be any credible medical evidence to back up these claims.

msf

Nah, I was still having fun with the suggestion that men should walk on the side nearer the road.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Please can someone post something from 'How to attract women'? I'm actually enjoying hating this guy.

Well it's late and I'm bored so I had a look at the amazon link to the front cover and manners summary, and I'm not sure he really knows what he's talking about.

How to Attract the Woman You Want But Didn't Know How (An Insider's Guide).

What does "An Insider's Guide" mean precisely? Is he revealing the secrets of some kind of trade or profession that he's involved in?

Did you offer the lady a chair by slightly pulling the chair back for her? Even the lady at the next table will look over and be impressed.

First of all, when did "woman" suddenly turned into "lady", and secondly, how many "ladies" am I supposed to be trying to impress here? Should I be trying to impress every lady in sight in the hope that if my good manners don't work on the lady I'm with, I've got an impressed lady at the next table as a back-up?

Opening the door for a lady shows that you value her safety and comfort.

Safety? Is he implying that if I don't open the door for her she'll walk straight into it and hurt herself?

By adopting this protective stance ...

"Protective stance?" Has he met a woman since the 1980s?

Listen to what your date is saying in conversations.

She started off as "the woman", then became a "lady", now she's my "date". I hope she can keep up with all these roles being assigned to her. Anyway, good to know that after I have told her which side of the pavement to walk on (watching my language of course), opened doors, offered chairs, protected her, and poured milk or cream in her coffee (shouldn't I check how she likes it first?), she will finally to be permitted to speak. I wonder what she'll say?

SilverbladeTE

Wonder if it works on parrots?

Monty-Python-dead-parrot.jpg

:p

THIS link is no longer working on David Rahman's site .....

http://startsmilingagain.com/portfolio-item/ive-recovered-from-m-e-and-fibromyalgia/
Treatment

I began therapy treatment with David two weeks later and not only I, but my family and friends too, find it incredulous that within such a short space of time, I am now so well both physically and mentally. So, are you ready to hear this? If you have pen and paper, just jot down what I am about to tell you so that you can look back at it later this evening and digest properly what has happened to me and what is waiting for each of you.

[unordered_list style=”bullet”]

• After only one session with David, I was in a better place mentally than I had been for many years and actually excited about the future. I was already waking up in the mornings without the heavy feeling of dread and actually looking forward to the day ahead.
    • Within two weeks of starting therapy, I no longer had any need to use my wheelchair, or even my walking stick. My energy levels were increasing very quickly and my pain was starting to subside.

The link now says
'This website is undergoing site maintenance.'