• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forget rituximab! The DWP can cure you at the Job Centre!

SilverbladeTE

omg! I was not aware of that! I was trying to see a positive side to it, but skip that! this is indeed a nasty scheme... No wonder these people were being so positive in the video!

I now remember reading about this on PR a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea this was part of that same psychology strategy. It's pretty gruesome when you think about it. Brings back memories of Spanish Inquisition type episodes in history, but instead of physical torture it's psychological torture...

what I've been saying for ages
hence UNUMProvident being involved , and the various schemes so "entrepreneurs" can make more money off us.
More money for the fat cats an their ilk

once you devalue people like that, you cut the basic underpinnings away, and you bet your sweet arse much worse people will take advantage of it, hence the way our countries are tipping into an abyss

Bob

It's definitely the same 'Beverly' in both videos. (Watch at 2 mins in the second video.)
In what looks like the most recent video (the second video) she says her life was turned around in eight weeks.
I suppose it is possible that a customer has felt that the 'therapy' has helped her significantly, and has even been transformative, on multiple occasions after eight weeks of therapy on each occasion.

Last edited:

Sean

Time for the 'F' word. No, I am going to do it, you can't stop me. Here it comes, ready or not, publish and be damned...

FRAUD

[EDIT: For the record, I am not accusing Beverly of fraud. I am accusing the authorities for promoting such obvious anti-science guff. They have no excuses whatsoever, and it is immoral in the extreme.]

Last edited:

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
lol, It's a new forum game: Where's Beverly. (A female version of Where's Wally.) (But I think I'm being a bit rude and unfair if Beverly is a genuine patient.)

Oh go on then, I'll play. If you've got twitter she's @Bevdavies79

To be fair it looks like her rape story might be genuine considering a couple of things that she's retweeted, so we'd better be cautious in our condemnation of her, she could be a geniune customer of his who goes back regularly and is happy to help him out with another video because she thinks he's great.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
lol, It's a new forum game: Spot Beverly. (A female version of Spot Wally) (I think I'm being a bit rude and unfair if Beverly is a genuine patient.)
I'm very uncomfortable about this. There is NO reason that I have seen so far to for us to conclude that Beverley is not a genuine patient and we should tread carefully there. I'm going to be charitable (until I know otherwise) and take her testimonies as a truthful account and assume she is very enthusiastic about her endorsement for a programme she has found helpful. I'd far rather look stupid at the end of the day than jump to conclusions.

Doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked.

Bob

I'm very uncomfortable about this. There is NO reason that I have seen so far to for us to conclude that Beverley is not a genuine patient and we should tread carefully there. I'm going to be charitable (until I know otherwise) and take her testimonies as a truthful account and assume she is very enthusiastic about her endorsement for a programme she has found helpful. I'd far rather look stupid at the end of the day than jump to conclusions.

Doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked.
Yes, I agree, we should assume that Beverly is a genuine client unless we have evidence to the contrary, and we should have compassion and empathy. I think my previous post was unfair and inappropriate.

Our focus should be elsewhere: On the unsubstantiated promotional material re claims of a successful treatment.

worldbackwards

Yeah, fair enough. But it is interesting that virtually everything about this (pals with the DWP in a programme of very dodgy repute, the nasty internet misogyny and books about 'how to attract women') scream "conman and psychopath" very loud and very clear.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Either he's a conman, or he's deluded and believes his own babble. Either way, the DWP have no business sending anyone to him, that's the main issue.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
I think my previous post was unfair and inappropriate.
Sorry, Bob, I didn't mean my previous post as a wrist slap. I appreciated the humour in [yours: edit]. :)

I think it's concerning that the BBC and ITV, not forgetting David Rahman, think it's necessary to film what seem to be sham sessions in an effort to get the news story across. Where are the genuine classes?

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Yeah, fair enough. But it is interesting that virtually everything about this (pals with the DWP in a programme of very dodgy repute, the nasty internet misogyny and books about 'how to attract women') scream "conman and psychopath" very loud and very clear.
Well, the "Life is a bitch" gag didn't personally offend me, which is not to say that I don't understand why others might find it offensive - I just don't interpret it that way.

I don't find it sinister that somebody should write a 'how to attract women' self help book. It starts off absolutely lovely:

Impeccable manners are a must if you are to succeed with the opposite sex.

All women love good manners and we live in a society where manners are in short supply. I can't emphasize enough that good manners will distinguish you from the hordes of other men who simply do not care.
Amen

I'm not going to fork out £5.22 to read the rest of it but I don't see anything of concern.

Use the evidence that is damning by all means, not something that is clearly benign.