• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

Dolphin

(Not important) Long-term idea

If, say, at the begining of August, the WPI is clearly well ahead of the Be Perfect Foundation, I wonder could some of us try our luck asking them to vote for the WPI to try to help us win overall. If the WPI won overall, they'd get $100,000 in the regional contest.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just did today's vote. WPI are still leading in their own region (Pacific) by 500 votes and are still 4th overall, now by 1100 votes.

This is after just over two days of voting - we must vote every day, and get more voters as early in the game as possible! We can still catch up and we don't want that gap opening wider. I want WPI to get the $250,000!

Tuha

I think compare to our numbers the support is still small - there arearound 1000 people who vote. For this moments I brought 5 people for daily voting and some other friends will also vote if they have time or I will remind them - but it will not be daily voting. i think a lot of other patients brought their friends for voting. so there can be only some hundreds patients who vote. We have still the same problem. I dont understand it - I saw the publicity about this competition everywhere - I get at least 5 emails a day about.Thiscampaign had to reach thousands of patients.....
I was thinking how we can get more members from this forum to vote - here is a big potential of patients. what about to ask directly the people who are in chat room or to create a chat room about voting - would it work?

Dolphin

I messed up saving the data last night. For some reason, in IE I don't have the "same as option" (it's back now). So I thought printing to a pdf would do it but forgot to check - it only printed the top of the page. Anyway, the WPI was in 4th with just over 2100. The three leaders were in and around 3000. Be Perfect Foundation was around 1500.

Dolphin

Bad news in "Pacific"

Conejo Valley Friendship Circle have 1601.

They only had 31 after day one. :eek:

Presuming they get a few more in the next 50 minutes, that's a minimum of 800 a day.

However, it could be (say) 400 and then 1200 in the last 24 hours which would mean they'd pass out the WPI.
I don't have the votes for 24 hours ago (messed up on saving them - format types didn't save them) so can't check.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Conejo Valley Friendship Circle have 1601.

They only had 31 after day one. :eek:

Presuming they get a few more in the next 50 minutes, that's a minimum of 800 a day.

However, it could be (say) 400 and then 1200 in the last 24 hours which would mean they'd pass out the WPI.
I don't have the votes for 24 hours ago (messed up on saving them - format types didn't save them) so can't check.

Yikes! The Conejo thing is a very local charity but it involves teenagers (massively networked on Facebook, presumably!) visiting children with special needs. It sounds like a great charity but a global community of severely disabled millions (us!) should be able to stay ahead if we only put the effort in! I hope everybody is voting for the WPI! I just did.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Privacy in voting on Facebook

I got a PM asking me about whether, if you vote for WPI, it gets plastered all over your Facebook wall and might be a bit of a privacy invasion (especially, whether it clues everyone in to your having ME/CFS when you might not want everyone to know).

When you vote, there is a message just above the "vote" button asking if you want your WPI vote announced on your Facebook wall. The default option is "yes" but you can just click it to "no thanks".

If you leave it on "yes", the message that appears is:

I just voted Whittemore Peterson Institute on the Vivint Gives Back Project. Vivint is giving away $1.25 million dollars to local charities and I want Whittemore Peterson Institute to win.​

So nothing to show that you are ill, just that you are generous! :angel:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Omerbasket makes a good point on the slightly cheeky Vivint thread I started in the XMRV subforums:

omerbasket said:
I didn't have it in my signature until today, nor was I voting for them daily (I just voted once or twice, I think). That is because I thought they were well behind and didn't have a good chance at winning a prize, at least a significant one. Now that I know that they do have a good chance to win a significant prize here, I would do my best to vote for them daily. I also added their link to my signature.
I have to say that I think I did quite an effort for the WPI in the Chase competition, and the sort-of-disappointment from that competition probably got me to be much less involved here.

I've changed my signature accordingly! It now makes it clear that WPI are winning their region and 4th nationally. I think people do join a winning cause.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bumping! I just voted this morning for the WPI. They're still in 1st place in the Pacific region for the $100,000 leading by 1200 votes - let's not get complacent though, this is a long contest and it's staying power and getting as many people in early as we can that will do it!

WPI is still 4th place nationally (for the $250,000), trailing the leader by 4200 votes to 7000. This is after 4 days, and it's a long haul - the leader could get complacent and we could still catch up with more numbers. The WPI is getting over 1,000 votes a day on average - we need to reach out and get more. Every on Phoenix Rising should be voting!

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
We've got serious competition with Conejo Friendship Circle. I think they have at least 1000 votes per day, so they could be closing the gap between us. We don't know their full strength since they are picking up votes each day.

Dolphin maybe you can confirm this, but just from memory, WPI seems to be getting slightly over 1000 per day but it doesn't seem to be trending upward. I think we need a couple hundred more votes per day to solidify our lead as long as Conejo stays constant.

Dolphin

Votes after 3 and 4 days

Whittemore Peterson Institute: 3158 + 992 = 4150
Conejo Valley Friendship Circle: 1681 + 1295 = 2976
I think for the last hour or two people couldn't vote I think (so the Conejo Valley Friendship Circle would have received more votes). The WPI has never received 1295 votes in a day i.e. we need to get more votes.

I'm attaching the votes after 3 and 4 days.

(I was writing this as SpecialK82 wrote)

Attachments

• 71hr 59 mins - after 3 days basically Vivint Gives Back.pdf
    213 KB · Views: 25
  • Voters after 95 hrs 54 mins - nearly 4 days Vivint Gives Back Project    V.pdf
    199.4 KB · Views: 21

Tuha

Almost every group in the top 10 gets every day more end more votes - except WPI - we get all the time the same - around 1000 votes. Its only on the beggining - so its really possible that a new group (even in our region) will accelerate and get daily a lot of votes. I think we need more and more votes - maybe 2000 in a short time. But I think with our numbers it should be possible without problem. The reason why we dont get more votes is a miracle for me - but we have all the time the same problem. The publicity about voting is posted everywhere - it seems we are not able to get more patients. I think the patients who are motivated to vote - they have to accelerate their effort. Me, personally, I made with almost all my facebook friends chat about voting - I dont know how many of them will vote daily but till now, 7 friends gave me their password and I am voting for them daily - maybe this is the way how to get more votes.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
When you vote, there is a message just above the "vote" button asking if you want your WPI vote announced on your Facebook wall. The default option is "yes" but you can just click it to "no thanks".

If you leave it on "yes", the message that appears is:

I just voted Whittemore Peterson Institute on the Vivint Gives Back Project. Vivint is giving away $1.25 million dollars to local charities and I want Whittemore Peterson Institute to win.​

You can also overtype the generic message from Vivint with your own message (to customise) to display on your Facebook wall, should you wish this to be displayed.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bumping! Just made today's vote and WPI are still holding position at 1st in region (for the $100,000) and 4th nationally but of course everyone else will be trying hard to get more supporters and so must we!

Dolphin

Whittemore Peterson Institute: 3158 + 992 = 4150
Conejo Valley Friendship Circle: 1681 + 1295 = 2976
I think for the last hour or two people couldn't vote I think (so the Conejo Valley Friendship Circle would have received more votes). The WPI has never received 1295 votes in a day i.e. we need to get more votes.

I'm attaching the votes after 3 and 4 days.

(I was writing this as SpecialK82 wrote)
Good news: after the Conejo Valley Friendship Circle previously going up in pacific fairly rapidly, they didn't get that many votes on Saturday (ET)
Whittemore Peterson Institute: 4150 + 967 = 5117
Conejo Valley Friendship Circle: 2976 + 590 = 3566

Perhaps teenagers tend to get distracted with other things at the weekend?

Disappointing that once again the WPI didn't get 1000 votes in a day.

Attachments

• 119h 56 mins Vivint Gives Back.pdf
    102.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Voters after 95 hrs 54 mins - nearly 4 days Vivint Gives Back Project    V.pdf
    199.4 KB · Views: 36

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Woo-hoo, I'm so excited about Saturday's vote, let's hope it's the same for today, especially since it's Father's Day in the US, lots of distraction. It will be interesting to see if Conejo goes back up to 1200+ on Monday.

From Dolphin's numbers, :thumbsup: Be Perfect Foundation received 2091 votes in the first 3 days, and then slipped to only 485 votes on Day 4, and 441 votes on Day 5. So they are trending nicely in our favor too.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good news: after the Conejo Valley Friendship Circle previously going up in pacific fairly rapidly, they didn't get that many votes on Saturday [...] Perhaps teenagers tend to get distracted with other things at the weekend?

The Conejo charity itself is very local and surely only has a relatively small number of teenagers taking part in its project (I'd be surprised if it's as many as 100) so I would imagine that most of the votes they're getting are from their friends. I'd expect teenagers generally, particularly those at one remove from the action, to find it hard to sustain anything over the long haul as well as adults so I think we're still in with an excellent chance long-term.

That said, we need to get more voters to assure our $100k in the Pacific and to get a better shot at the national prize. I'm about to tackle some yahoogroups as you suggested!