• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those who can not bear living OverMethylated.

For those who can not bear living OverMethylated. I can suggest you consider low dose Stelazine with it. I am giving it up and I am never feel overmethylated when using it, but feel fine, like some sort of mania from B's. I guess I can handle it would have no problems. But for those who can not bear, Stelazine calms anxiety, mania, jitteriness etc. That would be another solution for you.

Last edited:

JES

I would not recommend an antipsychotic like Stealazine for anxiety/jitteriness as even psychiatrists are typically not prescribing it unless you show strong psychosis/mania symptoms. The side effects from these medications are strong, often much worse than something like overmethylation, which is speculated whether it even exists. CFS/ME patients tend to react badly even to milder psychiatric medications like SSRI's.

"Long-term use of trifluoperazine can cause a serious movement disorder that may not be reversible. Symptoms of this disorder include uncontrollable muscle movements of your lips, tongue, eyes, face, arms, or legs. The longer you take trifluoperazine, the more likely you are to develop this movement disorder. The risk of this side effect is higher in women and older adults.

Stelazine is not recommended as first line therapy in patients with non-psychotic anxiety disorders, nor should therapy be carried out for more than 12 weeks."

Mary

Moderator Resource
For those who can not bear living OverMethylated. I can suggest you consider low dose Stelazine with it. I am giving it up and I am never feel overmethylated when using it, but feel fine, like some sort of mania from B's. I guess I can handle it would have no problems. But for those who can not bear, Stelazine calms anxiety, mania, jitteriness etc. That would be another solution for you.

Niacin will slow down methylation - it also enhances the effect of GABA, which calms you down.