1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

For those who are XMRV positive: was illness onset sudden or gradual?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by subtr4ct, Apr 30, 2010.

?

For those who are XMRV positive, was illness onset sudden, gradual, or since birth?

1. I'm XMRV positive, with sudden onset of illness

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. I'm XMRV positive, with gradual onset of illness

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I'm XMRV positive, with illness since birth

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. subtr4ct

subtr4ct Senior Member

For those who are XMRV positive: was illness onset sudden, gradual, or since birth?

If you are XMRV positive by any testing method, please indicate whether your illness came on suddenly or gradually. Thanks!
  2. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Could you also include the option symptoms since birth??
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Acute viral onset (sore throat, glands, etc, very high temp, tonsils pus, unconscious/delirious)
    Well beforehand
  4. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Senior Member

It's a little tricky for me to answer. I definitely did not have acute onset, but I've had suspiscious health issues since I was at least 2.5 years, possibly since birth. But, didn't start to be seriously affected by symptoms until my first pregnancy. So, I put gradual onset (although once I was pregnant it wasn't so gradual), even though I may have been infected with XMRV since birth.

See more popular forum discussions.