1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

For those using L-Methonine...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joffreysmitson, May 3, 2013.

1. joffreysmitson

joffreysmitson

Howdy everyone..

Went undiagnosed with B12 deficiency for over 10 years. Started on Folic Acid and B12 ( cyano and methyl )...

After 3 days the startup symptoms got crazy, to the point of me feeling like my throat was closing up and I was going to pass out. Another side effect was crazy head pressure all over my head and crazy sinus pressure. The head pressure didn't hurt, it just felt strange. This went away after a day and I was able to take my first deep breath in 10 years. Unfortunately this crazy death feeling came back within the next few days.

I figured out it was from a huge increase in histamine levels. I believe the b12 startup alone was creating large amounts of histamine PLUS I was eating SPINACH by the handful to raise my potassium. Spinach and Bananas have high histamine content.

Soooo... I went to the store and bought some L-Methonine to lower my histamine. The head pressure started dissipating immediately and I started feeling normal again.

I just wanted to share that if you don't have the money to buy L-Methonine, it can be found in high quantity in egg whites.

Anyways, thanks for all the info I found on this board regarding b12 deficiency.

My hands no longer shake, I can breathe easy again, no more numbing appendages and I feel my brain returning back to normal instead of being in DUHHHHH mode.
  2. ttt

ttt

Santa Monica, CA
    Joffrey, this is good to hear, as I'm having horrible head pressure. I'm doing the Yasko protocol right now (working on my methylation cycle and epigenetics), and I'm wondering -- do you know how taking L-Methionine would effect the methionine cycle, which is part of the methylation cycle? I don't wanna screw things up, but on the other hand, my head is going to explode.

See more popular forum discussions.