• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For Those on IVIG. Can you Keep using Antibody EBV tests to monitor progress? Or is it skewed ?

Hi - will have learn how to quote

Post menopause so I rarely get migraines. I used more imitrex in a week that I have in the last five years.

I learned that in 2016 I was infusing gammaguard at 28mgs in 3.5 hours. I am about 177 lbs.

This last time I infused 30mgs in the same 3.5 hours at about 178 lbs so I have to take longer infusions with saline following (about 250 mls according to pharmacy). That's still no guarantee to stop migraine.

But I also want blood work before the next infusion for kidney function - and maybe need more tests to auth oxygen, too. I don't know. Anything else? I just wrote Levine.

My migraines stopped after 6 days. I never started the opiod. I can't face going through these migraines again.. I can deal with one but 6 has left me so compromised and weak, I am afraid of the infusion. I'd switch to subque if the next IV goes badly. If subque goes badly, I'd have to abandon which is too bad since I believe IVIG almost resolved altogether my sinus infections. Now I'm in some long flare with swollen glands, streaky and red sore throat, etc. This flare is the longest in a long time going on almost 8 weeks - didn't respond to amox. Trying to do this not on Lunesta hard. Unisom turned out to feel like poison! (the nonantihistamine kind) THnx all Jo

Gingergrrl

I learned that in 2016 I was infusing gammaguard at 28mgs in 3.5 hours. I am about 177 lbs.

IVIG (not SubQ) but IVIG doses in grams so I assume that you meant 28 grams (not 28 mgs)? If so, that is a lot to infuse in 3.5 hours especially if you have a history of migraines.

This last time I infused 30mgs in the same 3.5 hours at about 178 lbs

Again assuming you mean 30 grams, this is even more to infuse at 3.5 hours! I am currently doing 27.3 grams over a total of seven hours and I do this three days in a row. So I have a 3-day split dose that totals 82 grams w/each day being 27.3 grams in approx 7 hrs (but eight hours if you count the time that I take the pre-meds, get the IV placed in my arm, do the final 20 min D-5 dextrose to flush the line at end of infusion, remove the IV, etc).

But I also want blood work before the next infusion for kidney function

I think this is a good idea.

If subque goes badly, I'd have to abandon which is too bad since I believe IVIG almost resolved altogether my sinus infections.

I really think a slower infusion speed, splitting the infusion into 2-days, taking pre-meds (if you do not already), drinking more water on day prior to infusion plus day of infusion, etc, could all really help. ETA: This not only reduces severity of headaches, it reduces the other risks like aseptic meningitis, blood clots, pulmonary edema, etc.

Am curious, if you are doing 28-30 grams IVIG total is this for immune deficiency vs. an autoimmune issue?