• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those of us in the UK

liverock

Talking of Parliament that reminds me...............I received an email from 10 Downing St today.

A month ago I signed a petition on the No 10 website calling on the government not to let the Big Pharma regulating body CODEX, start attempting to make the UK government prohibit for sale a lot of supplements and herbs used by patients for illnesses such as CFS.

Back has come the reply which basically states 'We no longer have the power to do this, supplements in the UK are now regulated by the European Union'.

People cannot get treatment from the mainstream health service for CFS and they could, in the not too distant future, find the supplements and herbs they are using to help themselves withdrawn at the whim of the pharmaceutical industry.

You have been warned, Big Brother has arrived.