1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

For the XMRV +; What are you upto?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by leaves, Jul 30, 2010.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    No one knows.. one of the studies thou found it in the respiratory system.
  2. katieann

katieann

colorado, US
    So.... there 'could' potentialy be a point during the initial phase of triggering XMRV, hence the outbreaks that affected so many people, and hence the children that were so immediately affected. There is also evidence in Europe where XMRV was found in the lungs of people. Sorry, I don't have that link for you. There is also something I heard from either Klimas or ack, sorry again; but XMRV is considered a 'simple' gammaretrovirus. When people see the word 'simple', they think "O, then it's not as bad as HIV" etc... but what they do not unerstand is that since XMRV is considered simple, it's more stable, and could persist in salvia, when HIV and the HTLV's cannot. Bottom line, we don't know yet, but imho it's very possible that during a certain phase XMRV could be infectious via saliva.

I hope someone remembers anymore of this that I can't? I will try and dig through my blog and get the links for you.

oops, sorry I meant to quote Tia's quote embedded with tani's post. =p
  3. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    You'll just have to limit things to the XMRV+ boys

and at this time I better say I'm married ... in case my wife snoops thru my posts.

Phoenix Rising ME advocacy and dating service
  4. leaves

leaves Senior Member

5. Rafael

Rafael XMRV+ Member

Ontario, Canada
    Aak! There goes the Vampire romanticism. => convent . . .....] ........[ . . monastery
  6. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Lol
    I must admit it is a new way to look at things :)
  7. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    It's true that couples where both are HIV+ still have to be careful with one another, because of the high rate of mutation/multiple strains of HIV...but don't panic yet.

XMRV is MUCH less variable than HIV, so there's room for hope that we won't really have that issue to contend with.
  8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Yeah, I think it's all relative I mean Viruses are much smaller than Bacteria, I think 10 to 100 times. Bacteria are considered simple, but look at Salmonella, MRSA, en E. Coli, theses things kill people!

Bacteria have been on the planet for Billions of years! Our bodies are complex, so mix that up with bacteria and viruses, and things get even more complicated!

See more popular forum discussions.