1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

$ For Pandora & WPI - Amx

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by shannah, Sep 8, 2010.

1. shannah

shannah Senior Member

from Pandora's September newlsetter at:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-2010.html?soid=1098473133029&aid=nW0o7oVJBPQ

American Express is currently offering $1 million split among five charities every three months, with the next voting period starting on Jan. 1, 2011. To be eligible, a non-profit organization must be nominated by many people and be approved by the TakePart Advisory Board. Go here to see their press release.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2010/mp10.aspx

We want
    "P.A.N.D.O.R.A. - Patient Alliance for NeuroEndocrineImmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy, Inc." (Florida)
    and the
    "Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease" (Nevada)
    to be included in the next round. Please go here

http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote/nominate

and nominate these two non-profit organizations using the complete name as you see above. The nomination process for each organization must be done separately.

This is an opportunity for you to nominate your favorite patient organization, also.

Remember, if P.A.N.D.O.R.A. wins some money, it will be used primarily for establishing the NEI Centerâ„¢ to advance research and improve patient quality of life.

We can't pass up a chance at $200,000.

From American Express Website:
    Vote for a Favorite Cause to Receive Funding
    After registering for Members Project at TakePart.com/MembersProject, participants can vote once a week for a charity they think deserves financial support. Every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. There are dozens of worthy causes and the list of charities changes each voting cycle. Charities are chosen to cover cause-related interests across a diverse group of categories which include Arts & Culture, Community Development, Environment & Wildlife, Education and Health & Wellness.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2010/mp10.aspx
  2. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    I registered and will go and nominate. It said everyone can participate. Don't need amex card. Can do through website or use your facebook account (like a cause). They don't have tons of charities. I was able to vote for current options after registering.
  3. illsince1977

illsince1977 A shadow of my former self

Done!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  4. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    Are you sure it's not Whittemore Peterson Institute....
  5. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I wondered about that myself but I copied and pasted exactly what was in the newsletter. Also wondered about the spelling of neuroendocrineimmune as the 'o' seems to be missing. It probably needs checked it. I'll try emailing them.
  6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Spelling errors could make a difference here
  7. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Where is Pandora Located? That's one of the questions on the form.
  8. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Yes Frank - seems to me that it did with the last campaign through Chase. Wasn't it you who performed that blitz for Pandora last time? Up to doing it again?? I've emailed Pandora twice but haven't heard back yet.

Have you taken a look at the Amx site? Looks to me like there are fewer charities each 3 month period. With a selection of 5 getting $200,000.00 each this is a BIG one.
  9. shannah

shannah Senior Member

It's in Florida. I doublechecked their website to be sure.
  10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Shannah i will try to contact Marly, but she's a busy woman and so am I. Oh no, wait, i'm a man, right, brain? where are you brainy? :tear:
  11. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Thank you.
  12. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro Immune Disease
    Nevada
    NV Business ID: NV20061723944
  13. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Can you please post the link to this newsletter?

Thanks,
  14. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I receive it via email. You can sign up for it at

http://www.pandoranet.info/
  15. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Shannah Marly will send out a new mail correcting this and maybe we will do extra campaigning. It is however important that we all use the full and exact official name of each organisation.
  16. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Your a doll Frank! Thanks.

For ease, I'll amend the first post when I get the corrected info.
  17. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    So are you saying there was a typo with the intial announcement? That's what I went off of. I will try again, if I can, when the "proper" info is posted here.
  18. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    They posted a correction.
    from facebook P.A.N.D.O.R.A., Inc. - Please note that on the newsletter below, two typos were found on the paragraph about American Express Takepart.com project. The correct name of the WPI is Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease. and our name is P.A.N.D.O.R.A. - Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy Inc.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-2010.html?soid=1098473133029&aid=nW0o7oVJBPQ
  19. shannah

shannah Senior Member

OK - Unless I've missed something, the first post should reflect the corrected information.
  20. beesknees

beesknees Senior Member

Just voted. We can vote once a week, right???

See more popular forum discussions.