• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For CPAP Users: New Tech

leela

I don't have sleep apnea / apnoea, or use a CPAP machine, but I know people who do.

Recently the orthodontist who made my splint gave me a bunch of different resources for sleep,
pain management etc and in there was a link to the new WINX machine. I dunno anything about it, but it sure looks a lot less bulky and annoying than a CPAP. Thought I'd pass it along in case it looks useful to anyone:
http://apnicure.com/

Instead of a mask on your face/head, it uses a mouth-guard sort of appliance, attached to a small machine.

Attachments

• Winx Patient Brochure.pdf
    447.6 KB · Views: 10

barbc56

Thanks for this information. Very interesting. I found some citations but accidently deleted them.:eek: I will come back and post them later.

From what I have read it looks like it's an individual solution depending on your situation.

Again, thanks!!