• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For Australians - One way of dealing with Centrelink & other government departments

Jeckylberry

Good on him. Yes there is no excuse to mess around with people's entitled benefits. A similar thing happened to me. I got overpaid because I was on a scholarship stipend that they didn't recognise. Despite my attempts to clarify and make sure I was getting the proper amount after a year they sent me a bill for $6000 - :eek:

One guy in the office told me to appeal but that I would get the internal appeal knocked back then, because the woman who worked there always refuses appeals due to her sticking to some policy or other. When that happened, he told me to put my appeal to the next authority who were external and impartial. He said not enough folk do this and end up paying for something that's not their fault. I did what he said and won because I had declared it and the snooty cow who refused my appeal got a hiding into the bargain!