1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fool's gold, lost treasures, and the randomized clinical trial

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Apr 16, 2013.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2407/13/193/abstract

nical research should be "Who (if anyone) benefits?" rather than "Does the overall group benefit?"
  2. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Senior Member

UK
    I think this is a good example of why "evidence based medicine" isn't the same thing as "science based medicine".
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This is also a good example of how treating a highly heterogeneous population as homogenous is a bad idea. It doesn't matter if its cancer or ME, if its different things and you treat it all as one single disease, the "science" will be dubious.
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.