1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

'Food State' vitamins

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Spinney Lainey, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Spinney Lainey

Spinney Lainey Senior Member

London
    Do people think 'food state' vitamins are better than the normal ones? i.e Higher Nature True Food range.
  2. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Yes, I do. Although the values they contain are pretty low. There are some American ones too which are meant to be good but the brand escapes me.

I have however found it best to work hard on diet especially if any gut issues exist. Once those are remedied then supplementing slowly can be of benefit.
    justy likes this.
  3. Spinney Lainey

Spinney Lainey Senior Member

London
    That's the problem - the values they contain are low, so wondering if it's better to go for a high dose of a standard one, otherwise I'd have to take loads of them! Also - where did you get your gut problems tested? What were your symptoms?
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I don't find vitamins very useful and take very little. Spent a fortune on them over the years. Just the occasional one that seems to help with some symptoms now.

The more pills I take the worse my stomach is if I was my choice I'd take the one with the less fillers and smaller capsule size. Also gelcaps seems to suit me better.
    Plum likes this.
  5. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    I've had stool analysis done by Genova Diagnostics. But if you do research into leaky gut etc, most people find they have some sort of issue just from the description. A food allergy is a gut problem too. Common symptoms showing something's up with your gut:
    bloating
    windy (I think 15 to 40 farts a day are normal)
    diarrhoea
    constipation
    heartburn
    burping
    undigested food in stool
    nausea
    not feeling hungry
    feeling hungry all the time

Most people have something wrong with their gut as they eat a standard Western Diet. Not enough fibre, not enough protein and not enough fat.

See more popular forum discussions.