• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Food State' vitamins

Plum

Yes, I do. Although the values they contain are pretty low. There are some American ones too which are meant to be good but the brand escapes me.

I have however found it best to work hard on diet especially if any gut issues exist. Once those are remedied then supplementing slowly can be of benefit.

Spinney Lainey

That's the problem - the values they contain are low, so wondering if it's better to go for a high dose of a standard one, otherwise I'd have to take loads of them! Also - where did you get your gut problems tested? What were your symptoms?

ukxmrv

I don't find vitamins very useful and take very little. Spent a fortune on them over the years. Just the occasional one that seems to help with some symptoms now.

The more pills I take the worse my stomach is if I was my choice I'd take the one with the less fillers and smaller capsule size. Also gelcaps seems to suit me better.

Plum

I've had stool analysis done by Genova Diagnostics. But if you do research into leaky gut etc, most people find they have some sort of issue just from the description. A food allergy is a gut problem too. Common symptoms showing something's up with your gut:
bloating
windy (I think 15 to 40 farts a day are normal)
diarrhoea
constipation
heartburn
burping
undigested food in stool
nausea
not feeling hungry
feeling hungry all the time

Most people have something wrong with their gut as they eat a standard Western Diet. Not enough fibre, not enough protein and not enough fat.