• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Food Ingredient Activism

Carrigon

I'm starting to think many of us should be fighting for all the truth in labeling stuff. I am so sick of seeing undisclosed things on labels. Usually it will say "natural flavors" or "artificial flavors or colorings" or "spices". Well, when you have all the food allergies and problems alot of us here have, we need to KNOW what those undisclosed ingredients are. I can't buy something that just says "spices", how do I know which spices, I could be allergic to half of them. The same with all the other stuff. If they won't be truthful with what's on the package, we can't tell if it's safe for us to buy the product.

Shouldn't there be tougher laws on what is on a food label? I think all food companies should have to give full disclosure on what's in the food they are selling. It only means our health.