1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Food Cravings

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by vamah, Feb 19, 2013.

1. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I periodically get overwhelming cravings for sugar that last a few days at a time. I'm not talking about eating half a box of cookies because they taste good or because I'm hungry and that's what's there -- I am talking about specific cravings for sweet baked goods that wake me up in the middle of the night even though I am not usually a big dessert eater. I am a believer that food cravings are the body's way of telling you that it needs something, but I'm not sure what that is -- as far as I know I don't have low blood sugar. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I do think that too and gave my body what is asked for. Could be sweets or fat or protein or salt. Whatever it wanted I ate.it at the time it wanted it.

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Same here. When I did have cravings, ignoring them was disastrous.

See more popular forum discussions.