Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Folinic Acid

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Banana94, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Banana94

Banana94

Switzerland
    Hey all

RichvanK suggest to take folinic acid as 5-formyltetrahydrofolat. Is there a product you can recommend for ex. On iHerb? I can only find 5-METHYLtetrahydrofolat

2. Marc_NL

Marc_NL .

3. Banana94

Banana94

Switzerland
    Thx marc
    Did you try it?

4. Marc_NL

Marc_NL .

Yes, I'm taking one per day.
    I take this form since I don't tolerate Methyl Folate.

I haven't tried other brands so I can't compare.
    It's hard to say which symptoms it influences but I do generally feel better while taking it.

5. Banana94

Banana94

Switzerland
    Do you tolerate other methyl- supplement like methylcobalamin?
    I also poorly tolerate Methylfolat.. I think i have to try the Folinic acid?
    Did you start with full dose? Or slowly?

6. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I also cannot tolerate even a micro toothpick dose of Methyl Folate or M-B12 and I recently started on a new supplement by "Seeking Health" that is Hydroxy B-12 and Folinic Acid. It's only been two days but so far, no reaction of any kind. I started with the full dose and it's a tiny lozenge that is sublingual. I was hesitant b/c it has "natural cherry flavor" but I did not react to it whatsoever and so far I recommend it highly :thumbsup:.

Marc_NL, dannybex and Sushi like this.
  7. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I also recommend it highly as well.

I didn't tolerate methylfolate well at all -- unless I took it in very tiny doses occasionally -- but find folinic acid very beneficial. It actually helps me sleep better, almost too well. I've slept through loud clock-radio alarms, sometimes for 45 minutes. So I usually only take it about an hour or two before bed.

I get the Kirkman's brand.

8. Marc_NL

Marc_NL .

Two years ago I couldn't, now I can. I'm not sure it's because I really tolerate it better or if it's because I take an other form now.
    I take the adenosyl/methyl combo B12 oil from b12oils now, there are some threads about it, here's one:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/transdermal-b12-oils.33172/
    I daily take one dose of hB12 and since two weeks added one dose of aB12/mB12 and I seem to do good on it.

In my case the Folinic works much smoother.
    First I broke the tablets in pieces and started with 200 mcg, then 400 mcg, now I take the whole tablet.

Same here but like I wrote above I do tolerate the mB12/aB12 oil, maybe because the mB12 is combined with aB12 or maybe because the intake is slower compared to tablets/sublinguals.

Methyl Folate is still a problem (I recently tried it again) so I stick to the Folinic.

Gingergrrl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.