I am a bit anaemic and have low blood iron, so to boost it I took folinic acid, 800 microgrmmes a day (Kirkman brand). It made me feel absolutely awful, like I was poisoned. It built up gradually over a few days and after I stopped taking it, about 3 weeks later, the effect gradually wore off over about 3 days, then I went back to normal. I tried it twice, and got the same effect again, so I am sure it was the folinic acid doing this. Does anyone have any idea why it would do this? Folinic acid is just the activated form of folic acid, right? I haven't got that wrong???