• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Folic acid in bread 'could be a health timebomb'

PennyIA

@JPV, I'm with you. I haven't adjusted any of my supplements yet because I'm not finding any other evidence (well, nor have I had a lot of time to look) to justify it and also don't want to waste time and money on changing things up that won't help. But I find that when the dots start connecting like they did with this... that it's usually the things that are important to dig into next for me. Kind of like something out there is trying to guide me to the answers when I'm ready to find them. While the cherry angiomas are probably completely harmless... they could be a 'warning sign' of bigger things occurring and with you connecting the dots between bromide toxicity and symptoms... it does feel like it's something that deserves more than just masking the symptoms.

I do think that once I've settled down for the night (I spend my evenings propped up in bed relaxing)... but I have to make myself turn things off and go to bed. I could easily spend a couple more hours every evening doing the relaxing thing. And I wake up totally exhausted in the morning - every morning and in my head the thought always pops in - I just need a couple of hours more sleep. Only, if I go to bed two hours earlier? I still feel like I need two more hours of sleep... so it's less about the amount of sleep I'm getting as just not getting restful sleep. I've thought about trying melatonin. But the truth is... once I decide it's time to go to bed, I turn off the lights, set a sleep timer on the tv (the noise keeps my neighbors from keeping me awake), roll over and I'm usually asleep within 10 minutes. I just feel like the sleep might not be deep enough and not restorative.

FWIW - I am fairly certain I have magnesium deficiency (though I have thought about getting tested, and then have heard that normal blood testing might not be useful). BUT... I do the epsom salt baths and they really REALLY do help with chronic pain. I do not tolerate ANY of the magnesium supplementation I've attempted (started when I was adding calcium to treat osteopenia... and I've tried three different types) -explosive diahrea within 20 minutes of taking it (even at trace amounts) is something that I'm not going to put up with. And I break out in hives within 15 minutes of attempting oil. Since I react so positively to the baths, I'm still looking for ways to supplement with it. I've learned of ionic magnesium drops... and that's what I'll be trying in a month or so (am currently restarting methylation treatment and have other things to work in first). He was including magnesium in his treatment regimine as well... and was thinking it would help with my chronic leg pains, tired when waking, etc.