1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Folate Deficiency due to MB12?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Elizar, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Elizar

Elizar

Hello Dear People,

I wanted to ask you, if MB12 can cause folate deficiency in the brain?

Thank you!

Leo

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Elizar I don't know the answer. but you might look through the guide to Freddd's Protocol linked in my signature. You'll find several symptoms lists there, if not in the body of the text, then linked at the end, under resources. sorry I don't have a direct answer. What makes you ask that specific question?

3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Yes, it's possible. Always take them together.

4. Elizar

Elizar

What is the right proportion between MB12 and MTHF? If I take 1000mg MB12, how much MTHF I have to take?

5. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I think it's individual, but I would take at least half of that, so 500mcg. I try to take them in a 1:1 ratio personally.

I'm sure you mean mcg, not mg.

6. pela

pela Senior Member

There is no set ratio. Take enough folate to avoid folate deficiency symptoms. You might try searching this forum for paradoxical folate deficiency.

7. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    A lot of docs suggest 1:3 to 1:5 for a folate to B12 ratio. In other words, more B12 than folate.

See more popular forum discussions.