1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Foamy urine

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Rockt, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Rockt

Rockt Senior Member

Yeah, not the most pleasant topic, but... I have foamy urine. Been like that for several months now.

Naturopath/MD did a "dipstick" and said that proteins might be getting through the kidneys. Sent me for blood and urine tests, but they're now on holidays for a couple weeks, so I thought I'd ask out here if anyone has experieinced "foamy urine" and if they found out the cause. Does it mean my kidneys are screwed or is this a common CFS symptom?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Athene

Athene Never give up

Italy
    It can be proteins, or it can be an infection, either in the glomeruli in the kidneys, or lower down in the urinary tract.
    These can be the same thing, as infection can cause the kideny to let protein through without breaking it down properly.
    This isn't a common CFS symptom.
    Kidney problems can turn serious so I would make a big fuss about getting it diagnosed and treated, if you have the energy to do so.

3. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 *****

I've had it my entire life. I thought it was normal until recently. I supposed I should get some tests as well. :(

4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Do you mean it's foamy when it hits water?

5. Rockt

Rockt Senior Member

Well, I think so. I pee and it's foamy in there. It's not soap or cleaner or anything, I've made sure of that. And it happens regardless of which toilet I use.

6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia

See more popular forum discussions.