• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluoxetine - antiviral application

JollyRoger

Maybe because someone with agammaglobulinemia has no igm or igg reaction.
The fact that this cheap drug can defeat this virus is promising

Last edited:

JES

I get worse with duoloxetine

Duloxetine is not the same drug as fluoxetine. From what I have read, no other SSRI has anti-enteroviral activity like fluoxetine. I plan to re-trial this drug at some point, however, the 20 mg dosage did nothing, so next I plan to test 40 mg. The problem with these kind of dosages is that there is no way I would be using high-dose fluoxetine for the rest of my life. Assuming that I could use it for, say, half a year, and then the infection was cleared for good, I would be willing to deal with the side effects.

JollyRoger

@JES

Count me in!!
Today i got Prozac and wanna try it; maybe with oxymatrine.
I read several studies about it and it seems to be a very effective drug.
How long do you take 20mg?
What still be the maximum?

JES

@JollyRoger

I started with 10 mg and worked up to 20 mg and used it for three months (this was in 2015). The first week there were some side effects, after that most of them settled. I think 20 mg is a good starting point, I would probably try 40 mg now as well if I re-did my experiment, but for sure anything higher than that might be tricky, but it all depends on how your body reacts to this drug. Good luck with the experiment!