• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluoride Poisoning: Holy Crap!

Crux

I have some kind of not good news about the fluoride that naturally occurs in tea.

Green tea can average ~ 1mg. of fluoride content per cup.
Black tea averages ~ 3 mg. of fluoride per cup.

Fluoridated water can average more or less, 1 mg. per liter.

The 'adequate intake' of fluoride is ~ 3-4 mgs. daily.

Folks, please make sure you get enough iodine to at least ward off some of the fluoride build up.

I didn't realize the extent of thyroid suppression that could happen from fluoride until I began to drink extra tea. The water is fluoridated where I live too.
My hair was falling out, my skin got flaky, muscle aches worse, memory worse, and of course, extra fatigue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4808922/

Sorry about the tea.

CCC

We have contradictory experiences in our family with fluoride. No, not contradictory: diametrically opposed. It's all anecdotal, of course.

One one hand, a relative couldn't tolerate any chemicals in the water, including fluoride. her family eventually had to install a rainwater tank and stop drinking the town water.

On the other hand, my daughter works at a dentists. She's noticed a few things that keep coming up with their patients, including this: people who use no-fluoride toothpastes need more fillings.

It could be any number of reasons. Maybe the no-fluoride toothpastes coincidentally lack something else.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Last edited:

perchance dreamer

Although I have filters that remove fluoride from our water, I do fluoride treatments twice a year at the dentist office. They put fluoride on a tray and have me leave it in my mouth 1 minute. This topical treatment helps my tooth sensitivity and lets me avoid consuming fluoride systemically.

I use a fluoride-free toothpaste for sensitive teeth, and it does help:

https://www.amazon.com/Squigle-Toot...=tooth+builder+toothpaste+for+sensitive+teeth

Crux

In all these years of drinking fluoridated water and tea, I've still gotten cavities.

The hypothyroid symptoms have been aggressive, though, and more sudden than in the past. I'm no longer taking thyroid meds.

Stopping the fluoride intake and now taking some iodine daily has worked, especially with the hair loss, a most obvious sign.

Children in our state have been getting fluorosis.