• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluoride Poisoning: Holy Crap!

digital dog

The NHS website said there is 'no link between fluoride and health problems.'

There are so many studies showing a link!!! Who writes this shit? How on earth can they ignore all the scientific literature?

This makes me so sad. All those little five year olds being handed out toxin laden milk for the deluded belief that it will make their teeth stronger. And even if it DID make teeth stronger, is that really acceptable at the detriment to their bones, liver, kidneys and brain?

What would you rather? False teeth or a dysfunctional body?

I'd smash my teeth out myself if it even gave me a 10% improvement in my health...and my teeth are one of my best features :smug:

Oh God I give up. What a mess we've made of this beautiful world.

digital dog

By the way, a million people in Birmingham have fluoride added to their water supply.
As if it isn't bad enough living there anyway!!!
Thats a JOKE incase any of you live there.

digital dog

Sorry to go on but this is what toothpaste in the USA says:

'WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or call a poison control center immediately.'

You couldn't make it up!

Ian

I think they actually removed that warning. The same amount of fluoride is contained in about 1L of water. No one tells you to call poison control for drinking that?? lol

Water fluoridation is basically how industry gets rid of industrial waste. Their solution to pollution is dilution. Interestingly it's illegal to dump fluoride into rivers or the sea.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Fluoride is an element. You can only find it in nature; you or anyone else cannot make a 'synthetic flouride'.
Here's an excerpt from a peer reviewed paper...
Physiologic Conditions Affect Toxicity of Ingested Industrial Fluoride
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
, Volume 2013, Article 43940
by Richard Sauerheber,
B.A. Biology, Ph.D. Chemistry, University of California,

Synthetic industrial fluoride compounds lack calcium and are listed toxic substances.The fluoride compounds, sodium fluoride NaF and fluorosilicic acid H2SiF6, added into municipal water for human ingestion purposes are synthesized artificially by industrial reaction and have been used as rodenticides, insecticides, and pediculicides, with acute oral lethal doses in experimental animals comparable to arsenic and lead. Controlled human clinical trials for safety and effectiveness have never been completed with water treated with either sodium fluoride or fluorosilicic acid.

Last edited:

Skippa

Anti-BS
Hmmm, this is interesting.

I can drink copious amounts of coffee, but a single cup of tea gives me major jitters, like a bit whack of caffeine, except coffee is obv giving me more caffeine than tea.

Erm, prob not related, but makes me think...

SilverbladeTE

Fluorine, like chlorine is an incredibly reactive substance, even more so than chlorine
in fact "Teflon" made from fluorine is so unreactive because fluorine is so reactive it binds harder than hell to the other chemicals in the compound. damn near impossible (for most things) to break that bond
but if the bond is broken it releases hydrogen fluoride gas which is an extremely deadly poison (killed workers who were smoking cigarettes in factories making Teflon)

many compounds made with fluorine tend to be very toxic because of this

roller

wiggle jiggle
fluoride in the water and other treatments of veggies and animals are certainly 'bad' or 'unhealthy'.
but without that, probably things would be worse.
fluoride, pesticides and abx may be the lesser evil.

re @digital dog question below:
treatment with meds, fluoride, pesticides along our food chain is necessary to kill pathogens.
to prevent them causing disease in us.
faik

Last edited:

digital dog

Im not sure what you mean Roller. What would be the lesser evil? What would be worse? I'm not sure what could be wore than ingesting poison but I hope Im wrong.

Yes, I think the fluoride used in water has 20 different chemicals mixed into it and that is why it is classed as synthetic. Unfortunately I think tea is naturally fluoride rich...sorry everyone.

I have been fluoride free for a week now and the pain in my knee has gone this morning. I have had it for over a year now. It is not necessarily due to avoiding fluoride because I have avoided swimming too and I swim using a slow breast stroke which could have been impacting on my knee. Anyway, I am really chuffed it has gone. I can't believe I can squat without searing pain. I wish it was as simple as giving up fluoride!

TigerLily, I had to go online to see which water is fluoride free or has a tiny amount in. Im not entirely sure whether I believe the companies but I chose a bottled water that had 0.01mg in it which is a very small amount. I am fitting a reverse osmosis system soon just to be sure and to avoid washing in fluorinated water.

Ian, I was amazed that the reason they put fluoride into drinking water is due to the fact that they cannot legally dump it into the sea. It is put into our water to avoid the expense of having to discard it. This is ludicrous and should be a crime. But from what I can gather, it would seem that the reason it is not being taken out of the supply and people told about its toxicity is because the government is concerned it will have a war on its hands. Imagine telling people that it is a neurotoxin and has been contravened in use for people with kidney and thyroid trouble and with children! I'm not sure people would have any faith ever again.

Im glad this makes you think Skipper. Do you react very badly to medications? That was how I got interested in all this. I have VERY odd reactions to things that contain fluoride and my daughter lost the plot entirely.

I would love to hear from anyone who is not the least concerned about fluoride and why. I'm definitely open to argument.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Perchance i don't know about organic tea but it would make sense that it is ok...or much better than normal tea.
I don't drink caffeine but I liked caffeine free tea and mint. Im going to swop to de caf coffee...just once a day.
I'd do some searching on the decaffeination process first if I were you - I seem to recall that it involves some undesirable chemicals.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
There are non-chemical decaffeination methods. I have read that you can even decaffeinate tea yourself. Soaking the tea in a small amount of boiling water for 30 seconds is said to remove most of the caffeine without removing much of the flavor. You then discard that water and steep the tea in fresh boiling water.

In the US many grocery stores have a machine that purifies the local water in several ways, including reverse osmosis. A gallon cost about 1/2 dollar.

Last edited:

MeSci

Re whether fluoride can be natural or synthetic - fluorine is an element and cannot be synthesised chemically, so is natural. (Not sure offhand whether it can be created by nuclear processes from other elements)

Fluoride is an ion of fluorine which can react with other substances to form compounds, but usually refers to one of those compounds, which can be natural or synthetic.

MeSci

There are non-chemical decaffeination methods. I have read that you can even decaffeinate tea yourself. Soaking the tea in a small amount of boiling water for 30 seconds is said to remove most of the caffeine without removing much of the flavor. You then discard that water and steep the tea in fresh boiling water.

In the US many grocery stores have a machine that purifies the local water in several ways, including reverse osmosis. A gallon cost about 1/2 dollar.
Some people who want something like coffee but without caffeine might want to try dandelion coffee. There are some reviews for a branded one here.

SilverbladeTE

Only a few places due to geology etc, have very low fluoride levels
as tried to point out, the use of fluoride in food/toothpaste etc to "improve fluoride uptake", like many other things that have been done, is BULLSHIT, pushed by arrogant jackasses many of whom are corrupt and profit from it

FIRST DO NO HARM
there will always been diseases that are problematic, more will always emerge over time as we live in a living system
hammer the most serious/worst, treat the rest carefully and without arrogance
most ill health can be avoided by good hygiene, clean water, varied diet etc.
that by itself stops majority of problems
there are terrible illnesses that need or needed hard action, two of them in particular have been neglected or screwed up by greed and stupidity: Tuberculosis and Malaria. those are enormous killers and ruin millions of lives every year.
But, the elite would rather have wars...and they are largely diseases of the "poor non white folk who don't count for a damn by the Elite"

HowToEscape?

Re whether fluoride can be natural or synthetic - fluorine is an element and cannot be synthesised chemically, so is natural. (Not sure offhand whether it can be created by nuclear processes from other elements)

Fluoride is an ion of fluorine which can react with other substances to form compounds, but usually refers to one of those compounds, which can be natural or synthetic.

Yeah, that was shorthand. F- or Fl2, you cannot make the fluorine atom nor the molecule from stuff which contains no fluorine. If it is in some nuclear decay chain, well, that's a long wait and probably with some inconvenience along the way ;-)

Some here seem to forget that fluorine exists in most well water, and fluoridation is simply standardizing how much. Some water systems are set up to remove fluorine, as the natural level from their source is too high.
It reminds me of an individual who insisted that there was no way to make water, stating "anything some scientist makes is a lab can't be water!!!" (said in an emphatic, somewhat agitated voice). Water created by a forest fire 10,000 years ago which eventually condenses as rain apparently counts as natural in her mind, while burning wood, then capturing and distilling the water vapor out of the smoke inside a building with the word "lab" on the door is somehow different. Maybe the sign on the door corrupts the water's vital essence.