• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluish symptoms come and go

sharks

I am currently on famvir 250mg 2x a day. In the morning when I get up I feel slightly better every morning I get up. Then around 2/3 pm I start to feel fluish. My temperature goes up and my heart rate jumps up and doesn't go down until I try to go to sleep. Even after I take my night dose it doesn't stop. In curious what could be causing it? The virus? My dr thought it was diabetes and I got tested and I was fine. She couldn't explained it. Thoughts?

I get this. I am not on any medications. It drives me nuts and always comes in aftrrnoon lasting the evening. Some days stronger than others and so.e days barely any. Curious how you are now? I am only 4 minths inthis illness so technically the PVFS right now

sharks

Hey thanks for reaching out. I found out i have MCAS and am treating it.

Wolfcub

Please may I ask you sharks...what is MCAS? I also get random "flu-ey" feelings sometimes. They were worse the first 8 weeks so have died down a bit now. Like that malaise that comes on when you are coming down with flu.