The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Flu jab

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Alexi, Sep 17, 2017.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

@ladycatlover Glad the lady came through the tetanus, would have been a huge shock for her and all. I'm actually due again for a top up tetanus. The last one I had was 2007 after standing on a garden fork. The one before that was 1997 after standing on a nail at work.

I don't think I have ever had a HepB vaccination. It's sounds like one of the riskier ones for spinning out into ME.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    ladycatlover likes this.
  2. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

It would be interesting to know how much we are covered, possibly having had one tetanus vaccination may help over a lifetime, I don't know.

ladycatlover and Mrs Sowester like this.
  3. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Just a thought for anyone who thinks Rituximab may be in their future:
    http://ard.bmj.com/content/early/2011/03/06/ard.2010.144998

4. Mrs Sowester

Mrs Sowester Senior Member

ladycatlover likes this.
  5. Alexi

Alexi

Scary. Does anybody favour it ?

ladycatlover likes this.
  6. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    Having a reaction to a vaccine is an indication that it's working. You've just had a bunch of antigens injected, so your immune system is reacting. You are, in theory, trading a small amount of discomfort now for an enhanced response to a dangerous disease because you're building up your antibody-generating capacity.

ladycatlover and rosie26 like this.
  7. Alexi

Alexi

When I was retested I didn't have immunity against this, diphtheria and other childhood vaccinated illnesses. Having suffered pneumonia, pleurisy and other nasties, my immuno has recommended to have them all again plus adult Pneumovax and flu jab (not all at the same time). i know I currently don't have good immunological response and consistently get infections.
    I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't

ladycatlover and Mrs Sowester like this.
  8. Mrs Sowester

Mrs Sowester Senior Member

Tricky, isn't it? The last time I had a tetanus jab I couldn't move my arm for about a week, it just froze from the shoulder to the elbow.

ladycatlover likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.