• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Flowers for Algernon...Coming undone

taniaaust1

but I wonder how many of us...........have just stopped taking meds/supps for awhile...........and did it really make a difference?

Tammy.. I always stop and start things to MAKE SURE if they are really helping or not to make sure any improvement I got wasnt coincidental. I wont stay on anything which actually isnt helping in some way. I have enough pills to be popping (to the point where I HATE taking them soo much, Im so sick of having to take supplements to the point I reallly detest it and struggle with even taking the ones I know which do help me, without more that I dont need and are useless to me and besides as you said.. who wants to be paying money for pills which arent helping

Misfit Toy

Spitfire.........in one of your posts you mentioned not wanting to try anything..........I've been thinking about that same thing for a few months now. I looked inside several of my kitchen cabinets the other day and just stared at all the supplements sitting there on the shelves.......theres probably at least 40 different supplements..........taken over the years.........some even unopened. I thought of all the money I had spent and sadly to no avail.........there may be one or two that I think helps.........but in the big picture ...........well I think you know what I mean. I really don't know why I havn't ever just stopped everything to see what happens.....perhaps that survival mode takes over........but my instincts say I probably won't see much of a difference. Not trying to be a debby downer..........but I wonder how many of us...........have just stopped taking meds/supps for awhile...........and did it really make a difference?

Tammy, it's just so discouraging. I am over supplements. No one really talks about it on here. I think everyone is still very much taking stuff. I can't sleep right now and I feel supplements make this worse. I don't have enough guidance from my doctor and I can't reach him. So, when something goes bad especially with a supplement, he doesn't know enough about that supplement to know what it does. Again, he wants me on that whole protocol for methylation detox. Well, I see how many people get sick from it. I have been doing it and every time I take the pill that is supposed to make me detox, I can't sleep that night. Not at all. I am tired of it. It's never really helped me anyway. Probiotics don't even work for me. They have never helped with yeast or helped me go to the bathroom. It never ends.