1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

florinef- normal sodium levels - high BP relief?

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by xks201, Oct 2, 2012.

1. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Anyone get high blood pressure relief from Florinef? It seems paradoxical but at times I do.

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Its not paradoxal at all if its low blood volume which is causing the high blood pressure.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

how do I know if its low blood volume?

4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Florinef thou its helped my POTS a bit (still got a way to go there), it didnt help my orthostatic hypertension. Im currently trailing Clonidine for that which "may" be helping it (I havent spotted a very high BP reading yet while Ive been trialing it).

It does make sense thou that it could help the orthostatic hypertension thou in some due to it raising blood volume cause low blood volume causes this issue for some. Dr David Bell has treated some of his orthostatic hypertension patients with IV saline to bring down their BP.

I guess you can tell if its being caused by low blood volume if those things which help low blood volume help it.

You may also have other signs of low blood volume eg thirsty a lot and needing to drink more then most people, peeing heaps, dizzy when just standing (which may be better when moving .. indicates of lack of blood getting to brain when standing and hence often low blood volume).

See more popular forum discussions.