The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Flabbiness of the tissue

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by James_B, Aug 26, 2016.

1. James_B

James_B

Yes, as the headline, "Flabbiness of the tissue" is this common? It may be a good "bio marker"
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...s-conference-airs-exciting-research-prospects

Blood samples don't say much for us but these are easy to check:

Flabbiness of the tissue
    POTS
    PEM

If you want to check, I guess you lay down in the couch now.:zippit: Just place your foot on the backrest and check your under leg. Mine is not normal!! so incredible relaxed!

Do you have this?

Take care!

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I've assumed my leg flabbiness is due to lack of exercise. It's definitely a thing.:meh:

mango likes this.
  3. James_B

James_B

I wonder if this is linked to PEM or a static phenomenon? My arms can hit some hard PEM also.. Hard to even lift them at that point.. That may be a case of flabbiness also.

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    My arms aren't as flabby as my legs, but they're pretty useless in terms of lifting or exercise. At least these days I can type w/o enflaming them.

5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Loss of muscle mass is a hormone issue (adrenal?).

Paralee likes this.
  6. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland, thanks, I have it too. It's like my muscles are turning to fat because I gained about 20 lbs at the start, but I gradually get flabbier but don't gain any more weight, except water retention off and on.

7. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

@Paralee I have close to zero fat and close to zero muscle mass... you can call me skin'n'bones :rolleyes:

8. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland, would you like some? I'm a generous person.......to a point, lol. You could have some of my fat.

I don't get it because I'm never hungry (maybe 2% of the time food is ok), so it has to be my muscles going away.
    I would love to be hungry, gagging food down isn't fun.

9. James_B

James_B

That may also be a bio marker! I eat after the clock at every 3rd hour. Also never hungry. Foodgasm is gone unfortunate.

See more popular forum discussions.