• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fish oil - any benefits?

Kitsune

Glad to hear you've been having some success with your regime, Lazy Caveman. The body aches, I've been coming more and more to believe, are probably the result of systemic inflammation. The question is, what's the cause? I'm sure it's different for different people. In my case, I've been beginning to investigate food sensitivities, having been led lately by a series of more obvious clues - particularly dairy, but possibly other things too. I'm planning to start a proper elimination diet, though I'll need to get through Christmas week and the social obligations of eating things that aren't too good for me first. I'm also struggling to differentiate this stuff from the onset of menopause symptoms that have rather suddenly whacked me like a brick, LOL. Ain't life grand :)