1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"First ever study of 'moral distress' among nurses in burn unit" (not directly relevant to much)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I just happened to see this by chance.

There is no direct relevance to ME/CFS but I thought the concept of "moral distress"/that it had a name was somewhat interesting:
    I also thought it was interesting that an intervention that was supposed to help, actually resulted in worse scores (although at follow-up there was no difference). Non-pharmacological interventions shouldn't be assumed to help - they can sometimes make things worse (possibly not the best example, but an example of sorts).

Esther12 likes this.
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member

Toronto
    Interesting even if not entirely relevant to ME.
    It does go to show that the more aware you are of the exact nature of the moral distress and its causes the higher the level of distress experienced. That can be relevant to everyone in one form or another.

See more popular forum discussions.