1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

First Draft/First Round of Legislation

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Levi, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Duh

No, I was the one who was confused. I knew this was a fictional person the first time I read it. The second time I read it, I thought it was such a brilliant idea that I forgot it wasn't real.

So, to summarize possible collaborators:

Lyme Disease organizations
    Gulf War (and other?) vets
    Women's groups
    AIDS
    Pharmaceutical companies (?)
    Post polio?
    Other?

I added Lyme. There's a representative or senator Smith in New Jersey who has introduced legislation for people with Lyme.

So, Levi what did you have in mind? Doing a poll on this website? Would the purpose of the poll be to get input? To find out which whereases people liked best?

Then circulating a (worldwide?) petition? Then trying to find a congressperson to introduce it? Then trying to get other congress people to co-sponsor it? Is that how it works?
  2. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Hi Levi & everybody. Happy new year! So I keep coming across the phrase "illnesses of uncertain etiology" in my research. It's how Komaroff describes CFS. I think it might be a better phrase to use for the joint resolution than "unexplained illness", which seems, in the medical world, to mean something more like unexplainABLE illness, ie all-in-your-head. Thoughts?

See more popular forum discussions.