1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

First Draft/First Round of Legislation

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Levi, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Advocate

Advocate Senior Member

U.S.A.
    Duh

No, I was the one who was confused. I knew this was a fictional person the first time I read it. The second time I read it, I thought it was such a brilliant idea that I forgot it wasn't real.

So, to summarize possible collaborators:

Lyme Disease organizations
    Gulf War (and other?) vets
    Women's groups
    AIDS
    Pharmaceutical companies (?)
    Post polio?
    Other?

I added Lyme. There's a representative or senator Smith in New Jersey who has introduced legislation for people with Lyme.

So, Levi what did you have in mind? Doing a poll on this website? Would the purpose of the poll be to get input? To find out which whereases people liked best?

Then circulating a (worldwide?) petition? Then trying to find a congressperson to introduce it? Then trying to get other congress people to co-sponsor it? Is that how it works?
  2. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Hi Levi & everybody. Happy new year! So I keep coming across the phrase "illnesses of uncertain etiology" in my research. It's how Komaroff describes CFS. I think it might be a better phrase to use for the joint resolution than "unexplained illness", which seems, in the medical world, to mean something more like unexplainABLE illness, ie all-in-your-head. Thoughts?

See more popular forum discussions.