Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

First Canadian ME conference, May 3-5 in Montreal

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Dechi, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

This should be great. The speakers have yet to be announced but it should be very interesting. May 4th is open to patients. 50$ including breakfast, lunch and breaks.

https://www.fourwav.es/view/647/info/

panckage, i-lava-u, L'engle and 3 others like this.
  2. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Derya Unutmaz MD will be speaking.

ScottTriGuy, jpcv, L'engle and 3 others like this.
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Dr. Gordon Broderick, a native Canadian, made these hopeful comments back in 2013:
    In the same year, Dr. Broderick described alternate resting states found in males suffering from GWI and CFS. He presented here pilot data from a 4-year, $4-M effort integrating computational and animal models to design clinical treatment trials. (N.B. 25:50 and following.)

It would be great to hear an update from Dr. Broderick (now working with Dr. Klimas) at this 1st Canadian Collaborative Team Conference, especially in light of Dr. Klimas’ 2017 comment, “I dare say that this Gulf War trial that we’re just launching right now will be done in about a year.” It sounds as though an arm of the current human trial may be devoted to ME/CFS.

ScottTriGuy, L'engle and Dechi like this.
  4. perrier

perrier Senior Member

I heard somewhere, can't recall now, that Klimas was saying that if things really went well with the GWI folks, she would start trials on CFS straight away, even before the GWI trial was finished. Does anyone recall anything like this?

And has she already started that trial?

L'engle likes this.
  5. shannah

shannah Senior Member

CFS_for_19_years likes this.
  6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

This is a very tight agenda, lots of very interesting speakers. I notice there is no buffer at all between presentations, so expect a lot of delays and days that will end very late...

See more popular forum discussions.