1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

First appointment with Dr. John Chia

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by RestingInHim, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ayaju

Ayaju *****

San Diego, CA
    Greetings! I'm new here, but not new to CFS; was stricken at Christmastime 1997. I'm a new patient of Dr. Chia's. I meet the criteria to take the Chinese herbs. He wants me to get a couple more lab tests, and the stomach biopsy. I want to do those before I start taking the Equilibrant. Also, this will give me more time to research whether or not it's a good idea for me to experiment by taking the herbs.

Because I have autoimmune disease, it's possible I will acquire more pain from taking the herbs as the fatigue lessens; if it does. Do you know what I'm talking about? Has anyone here had that experience?

Dr. Chia doesn't think my Hashimotos or RA will be much of a factor for me personally; because of how they present in me, which is minimally. I also understand that the herbs don't work as well for women as they do for men (because of our ovaries). Funny, my ovaries are now depleted of eggs... wonder if that will help me out? LOL! Hurray for menopause, eh?!

I look forward to hearing your replies, Judy
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
  3. Ayaju

Ayaju *****

San Diego, CA
    Thanks muchly, Sushi! Judy

See more popular forum discussions.