1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. sandralee

sandralee

Sydney, Australia
    Hi All,

My FIR blanket arrived last week, and it's been airing outside ever since, as the intolerable chemical smell was overwhelming. It was from a highly recommended company mentioned on Dr Myhill's website, but I guess it is impossible to avoid chemicals in fabrics these days.

It was quite expensive, but as my 23 year old daughter also has ME/CFS we thought it was worth it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out, and I intend only starting with 30 second sessions as recommended to me by Dr Myhill.

Will let you know how we go with it, when it eventually is odor free.

Best wishes,

Sandra
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Wayne,

I do regular FIR saunas and drink electrolytes before--we are probably getting at the same issues. I'll try the salt too.

However, I still find that doing them everyday is too much for me. I generally do them every other day.

Best wishes,
    Sushi
  3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Electrolyte Drinks

Hi Sushi,

I was wondering what kind of electrolyte drink you use. Might it be a homemade concoction? I seem to remember a thread where a number of suggestions were made regarding how to make them. Does that ring a bell with anybody? I think I'll try to find that old thread.

Every day saunas sounds like it would likely be too much for me, and perhaps for most people. But I now feel every other day is very feasible, given how well I've maintained after the past couple days of longer than normal saunas. Definitely had less pain in a problematic upper back area this morning upon waking.

Wayne
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Wayne,

I am just being lazy and using Emergen-C or sometimes unflavored Pedialite if I have it. I also take separate doses of most of the common minerals (except calcium as I am taking GcMAF).

Happy sweating!
    Sushi
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    Hey, that's cool, Wayne! I'm happy for you.
    I think, if I remember correctly, that I was in the FIR sauna at a health fair for about a minute. It didn't feel bad at the time. I got out because of an abundance of caution. And then as I was driving home I noticed that I was having detox symptoms. So it did have an affect on me. The arena where the health fair was held was not horrible, mold-toxin-wise, but not great either.

See more popular forum discussions.