• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FINALLY received old test results!

Strawberry

Could I get some help interpreting them? Pretty please???

Now this isn't very thorough, but it was the last set of blood tests ran a year ago, after I gave my Dr the list of suggested blood tests someone gave me here.

Under hemogram my HGB and HCT are high.
HGB is 16.9 with range 11.3 - 15.5.
HCT is 50 with range 34-46.

Then under "miscellaneous serologies" it says:
EBV IGG to viral capsid ag 85.5 with range <18. May indicate a recent or past infection.
EBV IGM to viral capsid ag <10 range <36
CMV antibody IGG <10 range < .6 May indicate a recent or past infection.

Does this mean anything at all? :confused:

The only lyme test was to b. burgdorferi which was negative, and everything else was negative to normal.

Thank you in advance!

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
The HGB is quite high for a woman. At this level I would consider primary polycythaemia as a possibility, although it usually turns out not to be. Polycythaemia needs monitoring and managing and can be associated with fatigue. You need your physician to advise on that one. The viral titres look unremarkable to me.

Strawberry

Thank you @Jonathan Edwards, I won't worry about the viral titres then.. Can this polycythaemia also be the cause for my constant sore throats? They have been brushed off to GERD, which I haven't had in years. But this feels different, like mild strep or tonsillitis. Its internal, not surface.

As many MANY here say, sick and tired of being sick and tired! But I now wonder why my doctors office said my blood tests were fine and I didn't need to come in. I haven't seen him in a year...? I will try to remember to ask about that though.

Thank you again!

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Thank you @Jonathan Edwards, I won't worry about the viral titres then.. Can this polycythaemia also be the cause for my constant sore throats? They have been brushed off to GERD, which I haven't had in years. But this feels different, like mild strep or tonsillitis. Its internal, not surface.

As many MANY here say, sick and tired of being sick and tired! But I now wonder why my doctors office said my blood tests were fine and I didn't need to come in. I haven't seen him in a year...? I will try to remember to ask about that though.

Thank you again!

Polycythaemia would not cause throat symptoms. The level of HGB on your test can probably be a normal variation but it is unusually high for a woman and if I received this result I would recheck it and get haematology advice.