1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Finally! Nunez et al (2011) CBT/GET studied in Fukuda-CFS [outcome as expected]

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by WillowJ, Jan 16, 2011.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    Back to Nunez, the CBT was group therapy.

Overall strategy of study:

Nice follow-up.

2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    good way to fix my comments; thanks

3. me_is_realist

me_is_realist

Now we can tell them to GET lost! Hahaha :D

4. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Through the Looking Glass, darkly

This is one of those studies that gives me the feeling that ME/CFS patients have slipped through some scientific looking-glass, like Alice. First they conclude that GET, instead of improving outcomes, makes physical functioning and pain worse. Then they say "The possible benefits of GET as part of multidisciplinary treatment for CFS should be assessed on an individual patient basis." !!! Why don't they say "Based on our findings that GET makes patients worse, we don't recommend it."?

Plus, there's the question of any study of ME/CFS which lists among its exclusion criteria "Patients with physical diseases that could cause fatigue." Ahem?

And by the way, what the heck is "sensorial focalization," anyway? I Googled it, and all I found other than this study was one case study of a women with sexual dysfunction due to sex aversion caused by childhood sex abuse (and I didn't understand what it meant there, either).

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Yes, I don't have a clue either.
    It is a pity they didn't have a waiting list control group or something like that as it is an odd control group.

At least with Table 2, the first p-value column tells one how the intervention group did compared to how it was before it started.

See more popular forum discussions.