• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Filling the Holes in 23andMe: Test Suggestions

Got my 23andMe results and ran them through GeneticGenie.

Noticed a few missing SNPs in the 23andMe test:
VDR Fok-I not found n/a n/a
MTRR S257T not found n/a n/a
MTRR S257T not found n/a n/a
SUOX S370S not found n/a n/a
NOS3 D298E not found n/a n/a

Of particular interest to me are the SUOX and NOS as there seems to be more written about those as they relate to Sulfur and Nitrogen respectively.

Is it worth getting another genetic test that includes theses SNPs? I know Yasko's Nutrigenomics test had them included--I live in NY so unless I fine a work-around Yasko test is unavailable to me. Anyone know any other tests from other labs that fill in some of the missing SNPs that 23andMe doesn't have.
It's a shame to have to take another test just to get these few extra SNPs analyzed.

roxie60

I agree. I have been working this afternoon and other times trying to identify the SNP that Yasko is referring to in her test. 23andME does list 3 SUOX SNPs only one has rs# rs705703. The other two are not rs#ed. So not sure if 23andMe does not test for the SUOX gene Yasko refers to or if the Yasko SUOX gene is represented in one of the two SNPs in 23andMe. I would also like to figure out the value of these Yasko genes but without the rs# I dont see how.

Any suggestions on how to find if you have any SNPs that are highlighted with genetic genie?
Any way to tell just by looking through the genome.txt file downloaded from 23andMe?
I can't believe 23andMe doesn't have there own detailed analysis built into the site.

Is there any lab that can just do SUOX and NOS -- the important missing elements cheaper than the Yasko test?