• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Figuring out this crash

Calathea

I told my support worker about the "putting it out in the sun" idea, and she laughed and said, "Don't they know you live in Scotland?"

The shower seat has been sponged down a bit, the shower curtain is sitting in bicarb solution in a washing up bowl, and I will leave the extractor fan in the bathroom running all day in case that helps too. Tomorrow my partner can hopefully sort out taking them out to air, depending on his jetlag. And the cat has ordered me back to bed, so I am curled up with her lying on my legs.

I told my support worker about the "putting it out in the sun" idea, and she laughed and said, "Don't they know you live in Scotland?".
Haha, sorry :) I live in New Zealand...putting something made of vinyl out in the sun here would result in bad things ;)

Calathea

Putting something out and waiting for the sun to do things to it over here will usually result in collapse through exhaustion. Not heat exhaustion, just the sort you get from waiting for a very long time.

I have liposomal Vitamin C on the way from Amazon, have drunk a fair bit of water today (I felt vile this morning, and really needed the caffeinated electrolyte drink to get going, but have perked up), and meanwhile have taken some time release ordinary Vitamin C, along with a capsule of loperamide, since I had a bit of a reaction to the carnitine this morning, so hopefully it won't have any dramatic effects.

I'm wondering whether baths will help or hinder the recovery process. The offending stool would be left out in the hall, of course. I have Epsom Salt and essential oils, and there's an airspa function which I'm still getting used to. The bath surround is really flat, so I can take a full bottle of salty water in with me.