1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fighting those feelings of fatigue

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Ember

Ember Senior Member

By Marika Sboros, 30 May 2013
    More: http://www.bdlive.co.za/Feeds/BusinessDay/2013/05/30/fighting-those-feelings-of-fatigue

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

"His theory (untested) is that the gender divide is more to do with lifestyle stresses, and the amount of "organising and multi-tasking" women have to do compared with men."

I find this line most interesting because I came down with it when I was 18 and in college. I was doing the same things boys or men were doing; my homework, deciding whether I was going to eat a pizza or a hoagie (a delicious sandwich in a bun) or going to a party and having a "wine cooler." Some serious multi tasking, right?

This article annoys me. He's not saying we don't have it, but he's murky on the subject. People who are bed bound can't do CBT, more than likely and exercising...yeah, not sure about that one. Exercising can kill my fibromyalgia and I become super sleepy. If I walk, it can help my pain a little.

See more popular forum discussions.