• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Fight with ME'

"THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE CAN DO IS SPEAK WITH ONE VOICE as we fight for real research"
My sentiments exactly.

Hello, all. I was directed here from another forum, where it was advised that I post here to offer the inclusion of this forum's members in a potential campaign. Many of the campaigns for better treatment of ME sufferers have been from supporters - these are fantastic, but mean that the troubles and wishes of actual sufferers aren't always portrayed.

The idea is that we get as many sufferers as possible - from anywhere - to call for care standards to improve. In the age of the internet, the first step would be a video in which we address different topics. We already have a rough guideline/script to follow, which you can find here: http://transcribeyoutube.blogspot.com/2011/10/unrelated-shorter-version.html

People seem to prefer being assigned one or more lines rather than choosing for themselves, but it's your choice. Video clips are preferred (in order for our voices to really be heard), but still images can also be used (to include those who don't have a video camera, or those who wish to hide their face, e.g. by holding a piece of paper in front of them which states the message that the participant wishes to say).

Clips and images should be sent to fightwithME@hotmail.co.uk

Anyone who is interested can suggest additions, etc. Hope to get lots of you on board, especially as it's proving surprisingly difficult (rights over shyness!).

maddietod

Hi, Cheesetoucan! It's good to see you over here.

I'm not particularly techno-literate. Would you explain briefly how people would make clips to send to the email address provided?

Welcome!

Madie

Good to see a familiar face, Madie, thanks :).

I'll give it a shot... Anyone with a camcorder or a phone that can take videos should be able to connect their camcorder or phone to their PC/laptop by using either a cable that came with it or by taking the memory card out and putting it into the thin rectangular slot on their PC tower or laptop.

An additional folder should appear in their computer settings that they can double click on. The file(s) should be in there, and if they click once and hold down the mouse/the click, they can drag it to another folder on their computer (such as their 'My Videos' folder or wherever they like). Just hold down the click until the cursor is hovering over the preferred folder, then "drop" (let go of the mouse/click).

They should then be able to send it by using their usual email. Create a new email to send and click on 'Attachments' (or similar word) and then 'Browse' to find the video or picture you want to send. Once the file is attached, just hit send.

For larger files (though that shouldn't be necessary for this project), use sendspace.com

In summary:
- Connect device to PC using cable or memory card
- Open the device's folder
- Move file to desired location on the PC
- Use Hotmail, sendspace.com, or wherever to send email by browsing and attaching