1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by roxie60, Nov 13, 2012.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Anyone with CFIDS/ME/CFS also diagnosed with Fibromyagia?

If have fibro how did they determine you had fibro? What questions or tests were performed that indicated you had fibro? Muscle aches/pains? Joint pain? I know there is sometimes overlap.

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I was diagnosed using the old ACOR criteria. A rheumatologist examined me and he used a pressure device on my skin to check for painful points.

Have a feeling that since then the ACOR may have out out a new criteria (or talked about a new one anyway?)

roxie60 likes this.
  3. voner

voner Senior Member

Here is a reference to the new guidelines for Diagnosing fibromyalgia:

http://www.fibromyalgia.com/articles/item/26-criteria-new-2010-criteria

roxie60 likes this.
  4. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Roxie, if you are also expeirnecing fribomyalgia, together with your previous systems, I think there is a decent chance you might be affected by Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Have a look at Table 1 of the following document and see how many symptoms from different categories you are a "match" for:

Polycythemia From Mast Cell Activation Syndrome: Lessons Learned

5. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    I did take a look Nano and I do have many of the symps. I have printed a copy and need more time to digest the paper and see if my Dr would be inclined to do anything with it.

Thanks eveyone for the replies

See more popular forum discussions.