Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia: Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by aimossy, Apr 18, 2015.

1. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker to Distinguish Fibromyalgia Syndrome from Arthritis

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0121124#pone-0121124-g003

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Bob, rosie26 and oceiv like this.
  2. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

This isn't ME/CFS research and I had an ME moment about where to put this thread. I should have put it in the "other research" section. I can't delete this now. Dear @Kina or @Sushi you might wish to move the thread. Sorry.

3. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Brain fog strikes again!:confused: I moved it.

Simon and aimossy like this.
  4. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Sushi likes this.
  5. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Not sure what I make of this paper at all, but felt it should be flagged up.
    @Jonathan Edwards you might be interested in seeing if this is up to scratch or interesting. I haven't read it properly, only skimmed.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Simon likes this.
  6. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

It seems to be a jumble to me. In relation to the recent thread on the poor quality of scientific papers one has to ask how this paper got through peer review - just in terms of data presentation. The authors do not seem to have much clue about the diseases they are studying either. I could not work out what the interesting result was, to be honest.

Valentijn, rosie26 and aimossy like this.
  7. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

Thanks @Jonathan Edwards
    I have read it a wee bit more and it just gets more confusing the more you read. It has some of those broadbrush statements that red flag me and I was struggling with clarity regarding the data re the "jumble". I was a bit wary because even with my limited knowledge I can usually make more sense of what is going on within a paper and it's all over the show. I thought you might spot fast if it had some really good merits in there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

See more popular forum discussions.