Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia linked to deficiencies in RBC magnesium, IGF-1

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by daisybell, Sep 22, 2015.

1. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/851314

Thought this was interesting....it's only a small study, but good to see that objective abnormalities are being found and discussed.
    I definitely feel better when I remember to take my magnesium, and notice pretty quickly when I need some.

Toxed likes this.
  2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Interesting, sounds like it could be a possible marker. Very unlikely it's the only one though...

My RBC magnesium is fine, but I have Mg supplements are kryptonite for me :wide-eyed:
    I try to keep my levels up with a diet that is relatively high in Mg, lots of green veggies, quinoa etc...

3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

You have to create an account to access this. Anyone seen the abstract or possibly the complete paper? If we have more descriptors, possibly looking up on PubMed.

Thanks.

Barb

See more popular forum discussions.